terça-feira, 5 de agosto de 2014

Blogging Excavations: Commercial Breakdown review

This is my first show review since I made that one on Gravity Falls. This time we're looking at the BBC: particularly at one of their comedy shows:
Commercial Breakdown premiered in 1989 or so and lasted until 2008. I'm not sure if another season will come in the next five years.
In Portugal, it aired on SIC Radical (which back then was edgy to the average viewer) between 2008 and 2010.
Commercial Breakdown, for those who don't know, is a series composed entirely of bizarre television commercials from all around the world. I liked it, and it was entertaining.
The first series I remember seeing was hosted by Jo Brand, set in a living room, the second series featured Ruby Wax, set in a very futuristic room with red objects, and then Rory McGrath, and then Jimmy Carr. (There were also two series before Jo Brand's.)
In between the blocks of ads, we could listen to weird jokes by the presenter. My favorite was the one where the 99 on the ice cream van became a 69 and it
played "Je t'aime" instead of Greensleeves.
Overall , I give it a 7/10, but it displeases me that I can't watch 80% of the episodes on the internet. And there is no possible chance that BBC Entertainment will air it.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário